Wednesday, June 30, 2010

what the crazy!?

so i haven't been around for a few days and this is why. we could certainly use your prayers.

doug started taking an antiobiotic on wednesday evening of last week and by saturday afternoon he started developing a rash. he immediately quit taking the medication and started benadryl after consulting with a doctor, but since then, the rash has continued to spread and worsen.

he got an injection at the doctor on Monday and was told he would notice remarkable improvement in the next 24 hours and if not he was to start oral steriods on Wednesday. Monday he was swelling, having hot flashes, getting sick to his stomach and spiking a fever on and off.

nothing improving, he called the doctor back yesterday and was told to start the steriods immediately. he started oral steriods yesterday afternoon and still minimal improvement.

he promises me if there is not remarkable improvement by the end of his work shift today he'll let me take him to the hospital.

he is swollen, covered in spongy hives and heat is radiating from him and his ankles look bruised without any injury to the area.

his entire body, head (scalp) to feet is covered and it's starting to cover his fingers and toes. some areas look severely burned. only thing untouched is his palms and soles.

THANK YOU for your prayers, i'll keep everyone posted.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, Tania! I am so sorry and yes, he will be in my prayers. When it rains, it pours as my mom always said. Just start thinking of anything new in your house ... washing detergent, food, whatever. I am so sorry! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg - i hope they fix him soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tania, I'm so sorry he's still not experiencing relief or improvement. KNOW that I'm praying for both of you---for wisdom, swift healing, comfort, and peace. Love you guys ~ XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would definately be going to the doctor----I don't see how he is standing it----
    Hope a fix is soon in coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will also keep you in my prayers.
    I know that there is always an answer to our prayers, so expect peace and strength to arrive soon.
    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omgosh! Poor Doug.I hope he's doing better by now. If not then he needs to go to the ER. Sending prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is awful-bless his heart he has to be miserable. Prayers and hugs coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending prayers your way. Hope he gets well soon.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking time to connect with me in this space! i will do my best to leave comments answering any questions you may ask. if you are commenting on an older post and you dont see your comment publish right away it is because I have comments set to be approved before publishing on any blog posts older than 10 days old due to a recent influx of comment spammers. i will see your comment, approve it and reply to you....if it isnt spam. xoxo :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails