Thursday, October 18, 2018

Spooktacular Halloween Card with Journey Gel Press

I'm still finding the Skeletons Dance Stamp Set and Skeletons Dance Die Set simply irresistible and can't seem to stop creating with it lately.  I guess I'll have to give it up soon, but I'm hanging onto it for just a bit longer.

For today's card share, I have a completely different take on it than last week. For this project I  wanted to make a spooky looking sky as my background, with a playful twist!  Bright and colorful is my go-to style, so I wanted to brighten "spooky" and see how I could create a night sky using purple tones instead of the usual grey and black tones. I'm completely in love with the result!




Making your own is easy, peasy with the Journey Gel Press!

1. Drop several drops of Grape Fusion True Color Fusion Re-inker onto Journey Gel Press.
2. Add 2 drops of Banana Cream True Color Fusion Re-inker onto Journey Gel Press.
3. Add 3 drops of Fusion Blender.
4. Brayer together. (If you want a lighter tone at this point add another drop of Banana Cream)
5. Flick with Sparkle Silk.
6. Pull print onto Whip Cream cardstock.
7. Flick with Silver Silk.
8. Trim print to size desired.

To draw more focus to your spooky sky, try trimming a vellum overlay with a die-cut window to help obscure the view of a portion of it. You will still be able to see a subtle pattern of it peeking through behind the vellum - this allows the other elements of your project like the adorable skeleton and your sentiment to stand out!


Supplies:
Skeletons Dance Stamp Set
Skeletons Dance Die Set
Journey Circles Die Set
Journey Gel Press
Brayer
Grape Fusion True Color Fusion Re-inker
Banana Cream True Color Fusion Re-inker
Fusion Blender
Clear Pigment Ink
White Embossing Powder
Grape Fusion Cardstock
River Stone Cardstock
Whip Cream Cardstock
Sparkle Silk
Silver Silk
Fashion Silver
Candy Minis
Journey Sequins - Special Celebration
Journey Days Stapler
Brush Silver Staples

Shop for your supplies at Fun Stampers Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking time to connect with me in this space! i will do my best to leave comments answering any questions you may ask. if you are commenting on an older post and you dont see your comment publish right away it is because I have comments set to be approved before publishing on any blog posts older than 10 days old due to a recent influx of comment spammers. i will see your comment, approve it and reply to you....if it isnt spam. xoxo :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails