Thursday, September 13, 2018

Layered Tropical Card with the Journey Gel Press



Journey Gel Press backgrounds are SO fun to make for your cards because, in my opinion, they require so little effort for such a phenomenal WOW factor!

For this die-cut heavy tropical card featuring stamps and a sentiment from the Toucan Do It Stamp Set, I first started with a very simple Journey Gel Press print that was created using two colors of re-inker from the Fun Stampers Journey line of products. I dropped both Electric Lime re-inker and Grape Fusion re-inker onto the Journey Gel Press in somewhat off a tic-tac-toe pattern and then dropped a few drops of Fusion Blender in between the re-inker droplets before brayering the colors together. I only moved the Brayer from top to bottom and not side to side to blend the colors.

After blending slightly as not to muddy the colors, I placed a Whip Cream cardstock panel over top and lifted up to take the print from the Gel Press. After the print dried, I then flicked it with Electric Lime silk. After the silk dried, I sprayed it with Cosmic Grape Color Splash. That is the process of the entire background panel.

Everything else is primarily die-cuts or ready-made embellishments built upon that panel.


I just love the level of complexity that the new Toucan Friends dimensional stickers adds to any project. They are perfect for accenting the variety of foliage on this project.

So tell me....have you tried the Journey Gel Press? If so, what's your favorite technique? If not, what's your fear that keeps you from trying out the Journey Gel Press?! Start the conversation down in the comments.


Meanwhile, don't forget that the entire month of September that Fun Stampers Journey has their entire line of cardstocks and inks on sale for 20% off. That's a boatload of colors and selection if you haven't been over to check it out already!

Also..........THIS WEEK ONLY. They have this amazing bundle of products offered for 25% off the retail price if you were to purchase them separately. (If you didn't notice, I used quite a few of them in my project today! You won't regret getting yourself this bundle...it is AWESOME!

SHOP HERE! Happy crafting.


1 comment:

  1. This card makes me smile!! I love the background and all of the bright cheery colors! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking time to connect with me in this space! i will do my best to leave comments answering any questions you may ask. if you are commenting on an older post and you dont see your comment publish right away it is because I have comments set to be approved before publishing on any blog posts older than 10 days old due to a recent influx of comment spammers. i will see your comment, approve it and reply to you....if it isnt spam. xoxo :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails