I am back again today to share the results of a fun little challenge I participated in recently and to hopefully inspire you to look to some packaging in your every day world in a new way as inspiration for your next stamping project!
Every Sunday, one of the Fun Stampers Journey coaches puts out a challenge to anyone who wants to participate on a Facebook Group called One Journey Coach's Challenge! It is a Public Group and open for anyone who wants to join in. It is a great way to get to know your supplies better and to see how other people use some of the same stamps in a variety of ways. Definitely a great resource to pull from if you are looking for ideas on how to use your Fun Stampers Journey Products! It is also a great way to get a FREE Fun Stampers Journey product every now and again, as each participant that completes the weekly challenge is put in a drawing to win a free product.
This week's challenge: CASE some packaging! Use either of these two to inspire you and make a card! Or you can use your own...just post your packaging inspiration with your card!
For my card I was immediately drawn to the shiny color of the packaging and instantly knew I wanted to incorporate some of the shiny elements that Fun Stampers Journey has to offer, such as the Gold Sequin Trim in the Twinkle Trim:
|Twinkle Trim AC-0215|
and the Journey Brushed Gold Specialty Paper:
|Journey Brushed Gold Specialty Paper CS-0134|
Of course, the obvious choice for the stamps just HAD to be the Hibiscus Days Stamp Set....I mean, how PERFECT, am I right!?
|Hibiscus Days Stamp Set SS-0341|
From there I kinda left the train tracks in terms of following the package for my inspiration. I already pulled my inspiration with using the shiny elements and the floral elements and decided I didn't really want to follow the exact color scheme item for item from the inspiration and that's okay. Here's what I ended up with as my final result! Something that you can definitely tell was inspired by the challenge photo.
When you look to something for inspiration, you don't have to take everything and pull from it literally. You can find one or two things you like and then use it as a jumping off point. It might be a color combination or a texture or the placement of items that you like. There definitely isn't a hard rule that says you have to copy something exact.
So, are you ready for the how to on how to assemble this card? Let's get to it!
1. Cut Turbo Teal Cardstock to 4 1/4" x 11" and fold in half to fold a top-folding card base.
2. Cut Whip Cream Cardstock to 3 3/4" x 5 1/2".
3. Splatter with Gold Silk.
4. Cut Journey Brushed Gold Cardstock to 5 1/2" x 3 1/4" and die-cut with the 3 1/2" wide Banner Parade die placing cardstock so that the strip is centered in the die and only the bottom will be notched and cut by the die, but the top of the piece is out and over the die and will NOT get cut.
5. Cut Cool Pool Cardstock to 5 1/4" x 3" and place centered inside the Petals Wall Embossing Folder to emboss. Then die-cut in the same manner as the previous Journey Brushed Gold Cardstock Piece.
6. Adhere the Cool Pool Banner over the Journey Brushed Gold Banner using Adhesive Runner.
7. Adhere Banners to Whip Cream Cardstock, wrap Whip Cream Thread around cardstock and tie in a bow. Wrap Gold Twinkle Trim around cardstock and tie in knot securing around thread.
8. Adhere Whip Cream Cardstock centered on card front.
9. To create the flowers:
- For the Orange Flower: on Whip Cream Cardstock stamp the first flower layer with Citrus Cooler True Color Fusion Ink, then stamp the second detail layer with Candy Apple True Color Fusion Ink. Color the edges with the 003 Candy Apple Journey Color Splash Watercolor Pencil to add some shading. Stamp the Stamen with Lemon Drop True Color Fusion Ink and Citrus Cooler True Color Fusion Ink. Detail cut the flower and the Stamen pieces.
- For the Yellow Flower: on Whip Cream Cardstock stamp the first layer with Lemon Drop True Color Fusion Ink, then stamp the second detail layer with Citrus Cooler True Color Fusion Ink. Color the edges with the 0011 Journey Color Splash Watercolor Pencil to add some shading. Stamp the Stamen with Citrus Cooler True Color Fusion Ink and Candy Apple True Color Fusion Ink.
11. Stamp sentiment on Whip Cream Cardstock, notch right side into banner and adhere just above Whip Cream Thread.
12. Squirt a puddle of Journey Glaze in the middle of the stamped Hibiscus and sprinkle on some Journey Sparkle Dust and Journey Sparkle Cuts and then place the Stamen right over top. Allow to dry.
13. Lastly, pop up the tip of each Stamen with a Small Foam Square to add some dimension and embellish with Spring Accent Dots.
Are you up for the challenge!?
I'd love to see what you come up with either using the same packaging or something you find around your home. Can't wait to see what you create!
Hibiscus Days Stamp Set SS-0341
Text Happy Stamp Set SS-0168
Banner Parade Die Set DI-0031
Petals Wall Embossing Folder EF-0007
Rock Candy True Color Fusion Ink Pad IP-0028
Citrus Cooler True Color Fusion Ink Pad IP-0048
Lemon Drop True Color Fusion Ink Pad IP-0043
Candy Apple True Color Fusion Ink Pad IP-0017
Journey Color Splash Watercolor Pencils JM-0078
Gold Silk IP-0096
Twinkle Trim AC-0215
Spring Accent Dots AC-0179
Journey Sparkle Cuts AC-0151
Journey Sparkle Dust AC-0013
Whip Cream Cardstock CS-0040
Turbo Teal Cardstock CS-0127
Journey Brushed Gold Specialty Cardstock CS-0134