Friday, January 25, 2008

the way she thinks...

december 4th. lunchtime. ashlyn asks......

"mommy, do all fish go to the ocean when they get flushed down the toilet?"

me: (not sure how to answer, and a little preoccupied trying to get lunch ready and get out the door to work on time---knowing she's thinking of the movie Finding Nemo) uh huh.

ash: (a little disturbed and confused) "well, then does my poop go to the ocean when it gets flushed down the toilet?"

me: (uh oh....i can see she's heading for a "freak-out" meltdown) no honey. but fish really don't go to the ocean when we flush them either, silly.

ash: (whining, murmuring, complaining) oh man. whyyyyyyyy not mommy? where'd my fishy go when you flushed it then?

mind you. we flushed that fish years ago.
she remembers E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking time to connect with me in this space! i will do my best to leave comments answering any questions you may ask. if you are commenting on an older post and you dont see your comment publish right away it is because I have comments set to be approved before publishing on any blog posts older than 10 days old due to a recent influx of comment spammers. i will see your comment, approve it and reply to you....if it isnt spam. xoxo :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails