my girls came home with these adorable handmade birdfeeders after school one day last week. they hopped out of the car and promptly begged to hang them on the tree to coax the few birds that returned for spring into our yard.
•Pieces of bread (any kind)
•Heart Shaped Cookie Cutter (optional)
•Ribbon, String or Yarn
•A warm place or sunny window sill
•Some waxed paper
1. Crack two eggs into one bowl and stir with fork.
2. Bird seed into second bowl.
3. Cut bread into desired shaped with cookie cutter.
4. Dip bread into eggs, coating both sides. Don’t let bread soak up eggs and fall apart.
5. Dip into birdseed bowl, pressing down gently so seeds stick.
6. Put bread on waxed paper and poke hole 1/2" from edge with straw.
7. Allow to air-dry in warm place. (they said this took 2 days....you could probably speed it up in a low temp oven....like 200 degrees for an hour)
8. Once dry, tie ribbon through hole to hang.
9. Hang and watch birds enjoy!
it's the simplest things that excite them the most. :)