Friday, February 24, 2012

random hodge-podge...


  • seen on facebook today: "my daily routine: get up, be amazing, go back to bed." yep, pretty much my life goal. aiming high, my friends. aiming high.

  • i never, ever take my nose ring out (except during an MRI or xray), but i somehow lost my nose ring yesterday morning. i felt kinda naked without it. still baffled at how/when it came out without me feeling it. weird.

  • so after work i stop at the local tattoo shop to purchase new jewelry to put in....$2 for a sterile surgical quality stud........score!

  • but, um, yeeeeeeeeeeeeouch! um, yeah. i think my nose piercing closed up in the 8 hours it was out. forcing the new ring through? not the most brilliant idea i've ever had. omgosh. omgosh. omgosh. oweeeeee.

  • i had to re-pierce it using a regular earring, then put the new corkscrew stud in. it feels like a new piercing all over again. boo.

  • again, today i chose to forgive myself for my parenting shortfalls and let Him smother me with an overwhelming helping of grace and hope with a fragile kind of hope that my kids only remember the good stuff.

  • what? i can't wake up, be awesome, and go back to bed every day, ya know. lol. just kidding. i try to be awesome. just sometimes my brain goes on a little vacation and then i'm not so awesome.

  • if i haven't said it enough, i'll say it again. i'm thankful for medicine and insurance and the hope that a new more aggressive treatment will have me feeling so much less pain. so blessed (but still a little nervous). upcoming treatment has some serious, scary side effects. say a little prayer for me, if you don't mind.

  • in my inbox today: "Just because someone may find fault, cast stones, or disagree with you, Tania , doesn't mean they don't adore you. Actually, Tania , it's these same folks who usually do."

  • thanks mystery inbox messanger. i needed to be reminded of that.

  • saw this on pinterest: "what screws us up most in life is the picture in our head of how it is supposed to be." true story.

  • and lastly....palette expanders are of the devil. true story. ashlyn is pretty much living on chocolate icecream alone. everything else gets stuck including her nightly pills. NOT fun at all for all parties involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking time to connect with me in this space! i will do my best to leave comments answering any questions you may ask. if you are commenting on an older post and you dont see your comment publish right away it is because I have comments set to be approved before publishing on any blog posts older than 10 days old due to a recent influx of comment spammers. i will see your comment, approve it and reply to you....if it isnt spam. xoxo :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails