Thursday, September 27, 2012

in my inbox.

two nights ago, i was having a hard time articulating the sadness deep in my soul over the level of pain i deal with on a daily basis from a health condition. so i sent a dear friend a message and got this in response. 

"Good morning, my dear sweet friend.

I know you deal with the chronic pain each and every day and I know it wears your body down, but do not let it wear down your soul. And, I know it is easy for me to say all that since I don’t deal with the amount of chronic pain you do [only my plantar fasciitis junk], but know that in my heart, I feel your pain. The pain of my friend wears heavy on my heart.  I just wish there was something more I could do for you to help alleviate that pain. 

Now, raise your chin to the sky and breath in a new day, a new beginning and a new attitude. Breath in the hope and faith of the day. Breath in the love and support that surrounds you, even when you don’t realize it’s there through the physical and mental pain. Chin up.  

I see through your pain and your hurt and I see YOU, my lovely friend who has the heart of gold.   

I love you to pieces and pray each day that you see the light, the hope and the promise each day has to offer."  ---Sherry 

***** 
i don't ever want to forget.  in fact, i plan on reading this again and again and again until i believe every last word and the pain doesn't make me question my self-worth regardless of how agressive this disease is within my body.

thank you sherry........i think you're pretty darn AMAZING yourself. :)

4 comments:

  1. Ah, girl, I love you to pieces and am blessed to call you friend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just woke up in the middle of the night and saw this. It was very randomly placed under my last Google search for "sacred spiral." I am in awe and deep gratitude as I felt it was sent right to my heart. I suffer from daily and nightly chronic widespread nerve pain since a traumatic fall 3 years ago and have let it beat me down not only physically but emotionally, spiritually and mentally. I have wanted to give up more than once. I know there are beautiful people who love me and in their hearts want to be there for me but it's hard to know what to do or say. At times I feel alone and abandoned but I know this is just my life now and I have to learn to move through it. Literally. This Sherry friend seems to really get it. And I love and appreciate her for taking the time to write that to you. It has resounded further than she knows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren, I am so thankful you were led to this blog entry at just the time you were needing it most. I am sorry that you are a part of the chronic pain club and have to suffer daily from such pain mentally, physically and emotionally. It is so hard for others who havent experienced it to understand completely. I get it though. You can reach out to me any time. Friend me on Facebook, if you use that platform...Tania Pearce Willis. Don't give up! Your life is beautiful and worthy of your presence...sometimes you just need a "Sherry" to change your perspective. xo, Tania. (sorry your comment didnt post immediately....i have moderated comments enabled on older blog entries to cut down on Spammers)

      Delete
  3. I appreciate this message. I also suffer from chronic pain daily and it has beat me down in many ways. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking time to connect with me in this space! i will do my best to leave comments answering any questions you may ask. if you are commenting on an older post and you dont see your comment publish right away it is because I have comments set to be approved before publishing on any blog posts older than 10 days old due to a recent influx of comment spammers. i will see your comment, approve it and reply to you....if it isnt spam. xoxo :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails