Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Echo Park Paper: Easy Valentine Card Pocket

Are you looking a super quick last minute Valentine idea? This darling card doubles as gift packaging to store some delicious chocolate treats for the ones you love...or child's teacher. Wait, that didn't come out right. I didn't mean to make it sound like you don't love your child's teacher. Errr, ummmmm, nevermind.


Moving along.

To make this charming Valentine Pocket, I used the Head Over Heels collection from Echo Park Paper. More specifically, I used product HOH59010 Journaling Cards.  If you're familiar with Echo Park Paper's product, you know that they design a set of journaling cards for nearly every collection, so if you're not needing a Valentine, you could use this same concept with a different collection kit. Brilliant, yes!?



Anywho.  I simply cut out the two adjacent cards (the "xoxo" and the "one sweet love") and folded along the bottom edge of the "xoxo" journaling card. Then, before sealing up the sides to create the pocket, I used a paper piercing tool to pierce holes along the outline of the heart, so I could add..........you guessed it......hand-stitching! I just used all 6 strands of DMC embroidery floss in a coordinating color.  Once my stitching was completely, I added layers of stickers, sealed up the sides and stuffed it with filler shred.

Tuck some delicious chocolates in there, and you've got yourself a gift!

If you're looking for additional Valentine's ideas, be sure to check out these projects by the other Design Experts:

Valentine for Teen's by Ashley Horton
Valentine Gift Bag by Holly Gagnon
Valentine Fold-Out Card by Aly Dosdall
Valentine for Friends by Lisa Swift
Valentine Wine Tag and Candy Box by Corri Garza

1 comment:

thank you for taking time to connect with me in this space! i will do my best to leave comments answering any questions you may ask. if you are commenting on an older post and you dont see your comment publish right away it is because I have comments set to be approved before publishing on any blog posts older than 10 days old due to a recent influx of comment spammers. i will see your comment, approve it and reply to you....if it isnt spam. xoxo :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails