Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Bloom This Way NEW 2017 Spring Mini Catalog (Fun Stampers Journey)

Hello Friends!  Have you seen the new Bloom This Way Spring Mini Catalog that released from Fun Stampers Journey on January 1st?


If not, you're totally missing out on some AMAZING new products!  There are some SUUUUPAH CUTE things in there. I mean......CUTE!

Kinda crazy to think that we just cleared the shelves of all the Christmas goodies, and we're already seeing the stores filling up the shelves with Valentine's candies, am I right? But I have to admit, it has me very inspired to dig into the new stamps and goodies from this catalog and create.create.create!

I've created a few love-themed cards to share with you today using the products from this catalog.



One the first card to the left, I used the new Heart Strip Die Set DI-0267, to create the ombre row of hearts. I did so by running the die through my Amaze Machine three times using Bubble Gum Cardstock, Watermelon Fusion Cardstock and Candy Apple Cardstock. Then I used only one of those die cut pieces as a template and taped it to my card front using some washi tape while I used adhesive-dots to add the small hearts back into their spaces that they were originally die-cut from.

There were PLENTY of them leftover, so I just tucked them into a container that I am collecting the small hearts in to use as confetti to tuck into the envelopes of the cards when I put them in the mail.

The stamp set used on this card is called Campfire Friends SS-0410.

For the second card to the right, I used negative space of the regular Heart-Felt Die Set from the Main Catalog as a template and then used my Panpastels to fill in the space.  So I die-cut the heart from a piece of Whip Cream Cardstock, then set the actual heart shape aside for use on another project and used the leftover piece with the heart-shaped hole in it as the template.  I laid that on my card front and used a sponge to smear Panpastel onto my card front.  Instead of blowing all the Panpastel dust away, I then used my fingertip to smear the dust around the outside edge of the heart to create a glowing effect on the heart.

TIP: Remember if you get any Panpastel on your card front where you don't want it to be, simply use an eraser to erase it away!  SUPER SIMPLE!

After using the Panpastel, I used the 'Besties' sentiment from the Stupid Cupid Stamp Set SS-0407 to stamp with Clear Pigment Ink and embossed it with White Embossing Powder.


Both cards were further embellished using patterned paper from the Sweet Spring 6x6 Paper Pad PP-0039, twine, silver brushed cardstock, glitter tape, special celebration sequins, and a healthy splattering of silver silk!

If you have any questions on how I've done anything else, please do let me know, I'm happy to help you!

Supplies:
Campfire Friends Stamp Set SS-0410
Stupid Cupid Stamp Set SS-0407
Campfire Friends Die Set DI-0287
Black Licorice True Color Fusion Ink Pad IP-0041
Clear Pigment Ink IP-0102
White Embossing Powder IP-0098
Whip Cream Sparkle Tape AC-0258
Licorice Sparkle Tape AC-0257
Celebration Buttons AC-0226
Candy Apple Twine AC-0266
Journey Brush Silver Cardstock
Pool Play Cardstock
River Stone Cardstock
Bubble Gum Cardstock
Watermelon Fusion Cardstock
Candy Apple Cardstock
Whip Cream Cardstock



No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking time to connect with me in this space! i will do my best to leave comments answering any questions you may ask. if you are commenting on an older post and you dont see your comment publish right away it is because I have comments set to be approved before publishing on any blog posts older than 10 days old due to a recent influx of comment spammers. i will see your comment, approve it and reply to you....if it isnt spam. xoxo :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails