Friday, February 12, 2010

kidART: Fingerprint Hearts

are you still looking for a fun way to involve your kids in making valentines for your spouse or the grandparents?

if so, i have a super cute and super quick tutorial that will definitely please the kiddos making them and the parents/grandparents receiving them!

Photobucket

Supplies:
  • cardstock
  • patterned paper scraps
  • pink or red craft paint
  • adhesive
  • scissors
1. Cut neutral cardstock (white, cream or tan) into 2" squares.

Photobucket

2. Grab a kid and squirt a small amount of paint on their dominant index finger. (NOTE: I like to poke a hole in my old Making Memories paint bottles to control the flow of paint better.)

3. Spread paint evenly to cover the finger.

4. Stamp finger in the center of a cardstock square at a 45 degree angle.

Photobucket

5. Repeat steps 2-4 making the second fingerprint at the opposite angle.

Photobucket

6. Set aside and allow to dry.

7. Use as an embellishment on a simple card as shown above.

that's it! cute, simple and meaningful!


for more cute handmade valentines ideas, check out this post on Sharyn's blog. fantastic ideas!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. What an adorable idea!Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness! I love this idea!!! I may have to do it for my V-day layouts! He, he! Thanks for the inspiration! I'm so excited to be creating with you at SRM! :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking time to leave me a comment! i will do my best to leave comments answering any questions you may ask :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails