Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Dear Grammy at the Beach,

Photobucket

i'm sooooooooo excited to tell you all about my party. ya know, my bertday party. it wasn't really ON my bertday. because my bertday was january 26th. (right, mom?) yeah. january 26th.

i turned 8. but mom was so busy with her 'zine work on my real bertday that i had to wait and wait for a looooooong time to have my party, actually.

it was worth the wait.

Photobucket

you'll never believe this! i had my party at the hotel you always stay at when you come to visit us. it was a swimming pool party. it was SO cool.

but, emma, she was just confused. *sigh* she was really sad that she didn't get to see you---she thinks you live there, since we only go there to swim when you have a room there. she couldn't understand just why you weren't there.

Photobucket

and you know that room down the hall, where they serve your breakfast? we had that whole room to ourselves to decorate and eat our food and have cake & open presents. *giggle*

mom used some of the same decorations that i helped her make for emma's bertday. it was so funny, cause mommy taped the inbisible strings to the ceiling for the pompoms and had them hanging all cute above the table with my cupcakes, but they kept falling down one by one in the cupcakes. hahhaahaa. it was making her fusterated.

she finally had to tape them to the picture hanging on the wall. (but, shhhh, she really wasn't supposed to use tape)

i invited 8 friends from school, but only two of them could come. they are my two bestest friends, so it was still awesome.

this is my friend katelyn. and Grammy...ya know what? i get to go to katelyn's house this weekend!!!
Photobucket

and this is my friend madelyn.
Photobucket

emma was there too.
Photobucket

and grammy....guess what?
Photobucket

i can swim now without my life jacket!
Photobucket

but, emma still wears hers. well, actually, she's wearing my old one. but that's okay because i don't need one anymore.

and guess what? i can go underwater without goggles! and.........guess what!?!!! i don't freak out when i get splashed in the face with water anymore! it's just easy. *shrugs shoulder*

we swam for a long while, then we took a break to fill our bellies with mommy's yummy food. we had carrots & dippy sauce, pretzels, meatbobs & lil' smokies with bbq. but i don't like meatbobs & smokies, so i had peanut butter & jelly with the crusts cut off.

after we ate, we got to have cupcakes & icecream. i love cupcakes way better than cake. chocolate cake with chocolate icing is my favorite cupcakes.

Photobucket

i put my own candles on my cake, then had to wait for someone to find a lighter to burn them on fire.

everyone sang happy bertday. i made a wish. but i can't tell you what i wished for...it's a secret and if i tell you it won't come real. then i blew out my candles.
Photobucket

after that it was presents from my two friends & aunt suzi. it was SO cool because i already got presents on my real bertday, you know my real bertday, from mommy & daddy & grams & papa & little grandma.

katelyn brought me an Icecream Shoppe Playdoh toy.
Photobucket

and lots of playdoh colors.
Photobucket

and madelyn brought me a Snuggie. i've been wanting a snuggie forevvvvver. and it's PINK!
Photobucket

and suzi brought me SO much stuff. there was this awesome packet of 700 stickers!
Photobucket

and a movie i've been begging for. will you watch it with me next time you visit, grammy? it's called Paul Blart Mall Cop, and it's SO hilarious.
Photobucket

there's more.....tape & a new card game. i love tape. i can make lots of cool things with tape.
Photobucket

and glitter glue & window markers...
Photobucket

AND a whole new thing of ink for mommy's printer so i don't have to ask if i can print something every time. i told mommy she can't use my ink. hahhahaha. well, unless it's for scrapbooking or something.
Photobucket

after that we went swimming AGAIN! it was SO cool.

oh, wait, i forgot to tell you something.

Grams & aunt Kristy were there too. you remember my Grams?
Photobucket

she's married to my mommy's daddy. you remember little papa?
Photobucket

aunt suzi was there too.
Photobucket

and daddy.
Photobucket

oh, and my Aunt Kristy has this cool hair now that she can put in to make it long like mommy's used to be. but then she can take it out too. so while me and katelyn and madelyn and emma were swimming, aunt kristy put it in mommy's hair.

Photobucket

it made everyone laugh really a lot.

then Grams took a turn.
Photobucket

but then we dared daddy. hahahahhahaa.
Photobucket

it was sooooooooo funny.

i'm sorry you couldn't come to my party Grammy at the Beach.

i love you, Ashlyn.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a good time was had by all . . . Happy Belated Birthday to Ashlyn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a really fun post! Looks like a great time, even though it was a little late. :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking time to connect with me in this space! i will do my best to leave comments answering any questions you may ask. if you are commenting on an older post and you dont see your comment publish right away it is because I have comments set to be approved before publishing on any blog posts older than 10 days old due to a recent influx of comment spammers. i will see your comment, approve it and reply to you....if it isnt spam. xoxo :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails