Sunday, March 06, 2011

The Story Matters: March 2011 Kit Reveal

it's the March kit reveal................ :)

the kit this month was so versatile with several softer colors on the palette and several bold vibrant colors as you'll notice with the difference in my two layouts below. looking at them side by side it seems a bit perplexing how they could both be from the same kit.

that's the beauty of the double-sided patterned papers on the market nowadays. :)

i really didn't do anything earth shattering on either of these layouts this month. just very straightforward. the odd-shaped patterned papers to the right of the photo on this first one were just petals cut from the pattered paper. and the sentiment on the layout is lyrics from a PINK song.


i finally found the perfect method to getting the ever-popular paint splatters and i'm so thrilled with the results.....every time. if you want to give it a try, i recommend buy the cheapest acrylic paint you can buy----usually the off-brand will be the best for it--- and then squirt some into a small cup/bowl and water it down half paint half water. then i just use a i use a cheap watercolor paintbrush to splatter. if you want a smaller splatter that looks like it's misted, use a toothbrush and run your thumbnail over the bristles. :)

on this one, i obviously got a little splatter happy again.....reminded me of little snowflakes. i also took the flowers from the kit, cut them in half and gluedotted them under the die-cut edged paper. i thought they kinda mimicked the fringe on her scarf.

anywho.
like i said, nothing real exciting going on with these two layouts, but if you have questions i didn't answer, please leave it in the comments and i'll answer. you can see other layouts from the team using this same kit over on the blog.

and a little news....it's been a year since i agreed to create on a monthly basis for The Story Matters and this is the last kit i've accepted to design with for them.

when i first agreed to be on the team, i agreed to a 6 month term. 6 months turned into 12 months. and with 12 months, it is time for me to say goodbye.

i need to focus on freelance work that brings income to our family. simple as that.

the timing to let go of this commitment and open my schedule for other opportunities like allowing me time to work on another online course and committing myself to get back in to the publishing game just feels right, right now.

so while i won't be designing for The Story Matters any longer, you'll still see plenty of scrapbooking projects coming from me.

6 comments:

  1. I have a feeling that song is resonating with every woman ... I love it. Just saw the video this morning by chance. Powerful.
    I know the club will miss you and I know how much you enjoyed working with them.
    Good luck and I can't wait to see what you are up to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your "retirement" I am sure you will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the paint splatters. I'm going to have to try that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the simplicity of these two pages.

    Sorry to see you go, but I totally understand your reason. Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the paint splatters. It makes sense that I wasn't getting good results because the paint was too thick. Add water! Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these layouts! Lots of fun touches =)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking time to connect with me in this space! i will do my best to leave comments answering any questions you may ask. if you are commenting on an older post and you dont see your comment publish right away it is because I have comments set to be approved before publishing on any blog posts older than 10 days old due to a recent influx of comment spammers. i will see your comment, approve it and reply to you....if it isnt spam. xoxo :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails