Friday, June 17, 2016

Mixing NEWLY Released Stamps with the Old! (Fun Stampers Journey)

Wellllll, hello sweet friends!

The Journey Crew at Fun Stampers Journey has just wrapped their 2016 Celebrate YOU! Convention in Arizona geared toward sharing ALLL the exciting products that are releasing for the new catalog year. I wasn't able to attend convention this year, but I sat here at home behind the scenes jumping from one social media network to the next scouring for any last photo or video clip I could find on Instagram, Facebook or Periscope to check out all the shenanigans that went on!

If you're a Fun Stampers Journey Coach and you've never been to convention, start planning now to make it to convention next year because you don't want to miss it! It is a BLAST! So many new connections to make, so much information to learn and so much new product to play with and purchase before it even becomes available to anyone else!  And the reveal of the new catalog.........that is where it's at!

Here is a fun behind the scenes look of all the work the Journey Crew in Phoenix has put into the making of the 2016-2017 Catalog.



While I didn't attend Convention myself this year as a Journey Crew Member, I did work behind the scenes helping to create projects for the catalog and for various uses at Convention. Dream job, right?

I've had so much fun playing around with the new stamps and keeping them top secret, but now that the July 1 release date is getting closer, I've been given the go ahead to be able to share some of the new stuff with you! YAY!

So today, I have a fun project to share that mixes the NEW with the OLD, fun, yes?  Just because we have all these fun new stamps coming our way doesn't mean we need to let those old ones collect dust, so why not make it a priority to purposefully mix them together as we work on our projects.


I just ADORE the 'OLD' portion of this card which are the popsicle stamps and the sentiment from the set called Too Cool that was released earlier this year!  Aren't they just darling? I especially love that this set also has a matching die set to coordinate! 

Too Cool Stamp Set SS-0255
So that brings us to the 'NEW' stamp on this card being the ADORABLE background stamp you see in the background.....the Deco Dots ATS AT-0211!  My absolute NEW favorite stamp for backgrounds EVER!  It's this smaller background size just lovely?


So what I've done on this card to make the stamping of the Deco Dots background blend better and not be such a stark contrast was to first stamp the Deco Dots right in the middle of the Pool Play card base using Beach Breeze True Color Fusion Ink.  I then allowed the ink to dry for a minute (or you could speed the process with your Heat Tool). After it was dry, I then used my Fusion Ink Sponge pounced into both Beach Breeze True Color Fusion Ink and Pool Play True Color Fusion Ink and blended color over top of the stamped area to add some depth and shading.  Doing so helps the elements layered on top to pop up off the page a bit more!  Try it with your next project!

Be sure to add Deco Dots AT-0211 to your Wish List!  It will be available to order July 1, 2016 through a Fun Stampers Journey Coach at shop.funstampersjourney.com!

Supplies:

Too Cool Stamp Set SS-0255
Tool Cool Die Set DI-0157
Journey Circles Die Set DI-0039
Border Basics Die Set
Beach Breeze True Color Fusion Ink Pad IP-0044
Pool Play True Color Fusion Ink Pad IP-0051
Black Licorice True Color Fusion Ink Pad IP-0041
Journey Sequins Pink World AC-0112
Journey Sparkle Dust AC-0013
Journey Glaze AD-0002
Rainbow Drops
Fusion Ink Sponges JM-0014
River Stone Cardstock CS-0094
Limeade Splash Cardstock CS-0020
Watermelon Fusion Cardstock CS-0039
Pool Play Cardstock CS-0092
Whip Cream Cardstock CS-0040


2 comments:

  1. SOOOOO missed you and your crafty/smiley self at Convention! It was fun seeing everyone and being amongst the fun, excitement and family atmosphere I've grown to love about FSJ. The new stamps, the HUGE catty and the yummy card projects were so fun! I'm excited to be back home creating with some of my most favorite sets. Love, love, love the Deco Dots background and can't wait to get my hands on that...Hope to chat soon. I NEED to find out which cards are yours in the catty. It's like NAME THAT DESIGNER! LOL. Kerry Urbatch, FSJ Coach#401.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOO missed you and your crafty/smiley self at Convention! It was fun seeing everyone and being amongst the fun, excitement and family atmosphere I've grown to love about FSJ. The new stamps, the HUGE catty and the yummy card projects were so fun! I'm excited to be back home creating with some of my most favorite sets. Love, love, love the Deco Dots background and can't wait to get my hands on that...Hope to chat soon. I NEED to find out which cards are yours in the catty. It's like NAME THAT DESIGNER! LOL. Kerry Urbatch, FSJ Coach#401.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking time to connect with me in this space! i will do my best to leave comments answering any questions you may ask. if you are commenting on an older post and you dont see your comment publish right away it is because I have comments set to be approved before publishing on any blog posts older than 10 days old due to a recent influx of comment spammers. i will see your comment, approve it and reply to you....if it isnt spam. xoxo :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails