Hello, friends! I've been playing around a bit recently with one of my FAVORITE Steel Rule Dies from Fun Stampers Journey called Everyday Elements Steel Rule Die. I LOVE this particular steel rule die because it has multiple shapes on it that I reach for time and time again in my cardmaking, making the purchase of this die well-worth the investment!
|Everyday Elements Steel Rule Die SR-0004|
Steel rule dies are also super fabulous because you are able to die-cut much thicker materials with it, and many more layers of cardstock in one pass than you can with your wafer thin green metal dies.
So, while at first glance looking to recreate this card might seem a little time intensive with 6 die-cut hearts on there, I assure you it is super quick and painless as you can die-cut all of them in just two passes by layering four colors at a time on your steel rule die before cranking it through your Journey Platinum Machine.
But what is EVEN more exciting.....is not only are you going to be cutting out all those hearts in two passes...but you are also going to be cutting butterflies, two different styles of feathers, and the flower for use on later projects!
YAY for time saving tips and products to make your crafting time longer and more enjoyable!
Here's how to make your own card just like this one!
1. Cut Whip Cream Cardstock to 10" x 7" and fold in half to create a 5" x 7" card base.
2. Cut Whip Cream Cardstock to 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" and emboss using the Ink Splash Embossing Folder.
3. Cut a Strip of Black & White Stripe Patterned Paper from the Journey Basics Black & White Paper Pack that is 3/4" x 5 1/2" and adhere to the bottom edge of your embossed cardstock piece.
4. Tie a doubled strand of Black Licorice Journey Thread around the bottom of the embossed cardstock piece just above the patterned paper strip and tied in a bow.
5. Using Foam Squares, adhere the embossed cardstock piece, centered on the Card Base, with the patterned paper toward the bottom.
6. Die-cut hearts from Huckleberry Fusion, Candy Apple, Lemon Drop, Citrus Cooler, Grape Fusion and Kiwi Slice Cardstock using the Everyday Elements Steel Rule Die and the Journey Platinum Machine.
7. Adhere the die-cut hearts to the embossed piece alternating the manner in which they are adhered. Huckleberry Fusion, Citrus Cooler and Grape Fusion are adhered directly to the embossed piece using the adhesive tape runner and the Candy Apple, Lemon Drop and Kiwi Slice hearts are adhered using Foam Squares to give them some dimension.
8. Embellish the die-cut hearts with Forever Heart Chips and clusters of Rainbow Drops of the same color using Journey Glaze.
9. Lastly, stamp your "Happy Birthday' sentiment from the Many Wishes Stamp Set in the lower right-hand corner using Black Licorice True Color Fusion Ink.
Many Wishes Stamp Set SS-0057 (Retiring Soon...40% Off While Supplies Last!)Ink Splash Embossing Folder EF-0008
Journey Basics Black & White Paper Pack PP-0012 (Retiring Soon...40% off while supplies last!)
Black Licorice Journey Thread AC-0129
Forever Heart Chips AC-0213
Journey Glaze AD-0002
Candy Apple Cardstock
Huckleberry Fusion Cardstock
Kiwi Slice Cardstock
Lemon Drop Cardstock
Grape Fusion Cardstock
Citrus Cooler Cardstock
Whip Cream Cardstock