Friday, June 02, 2006

ohhhhhhhh, the innocence.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
ashlyn has with her baby. if not, let's just say, she goes NO WHERE without the doll, no where. so, tuesday on the way to visit my mom, out of nowhere, the conversation went like this....
ash: "honey, when will my baby be real"
me: "what honey" (couldn't really hear her over emma's babbling)
ash: "when will my baby be real like you and daddy."
me: "honey, your baby will never be real, she's just pretend" (heartbroken that i had to disappoint her)
ash: "but why honey? i want her to be real so i can play with her everyday." (i could tell she was on the verge of tears)
me: "honey, she will never be real because she doesn't have a heart that beats, or a brain, or lungs to breathe."
ash: "but honey, can we just go to the hospital and get her some surgery and ask the doctors to give her a heart"......"can we puhhh-lease, can we."
me: "no honey"
(and yes, i'm not exaggerating------the diaglogue was exacting as typed above. YEP....ashlyn calls me honey, and i looooooooooove it!)
my girl. i'll tell you. 4yrs old. seems so mature for her age at times, but then we have a little conversation....a question sparked out of nowhere that reminds me she's yet still so innocent. it makes me all warm inside knowing that she's still figuring things out in the world. that i'm the one to direct her thoughts. that i'm the most important teacher she will ever have. always inquisitive, always thinking, reminding me what it was like to be a little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking time to connect with me in this space! i will do my best to leave comments answering any questions you may ask. if you are commenting on an older post and you dont see your comment publish right away it is because I have comments set to be approved before publishing on any blog posts older than 10 days old due to a recent influx of comment spammers. i will see your comment, approve it and reply to you....if it isnt spam. xoxo :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails