Friday, September 07, 2007

paralyzed.

have you ever been so overwhelmed you are paralyzed?
so much to do you don't know where to start?

that's me today.

i have clutter piles everywhere.
clean laundry begging to be folded and put away.
errands to run.
floors to mop.
assignments to get done (that are already late).
gifts to wrap.
cabinets to paint (yep. didn't get them painted last night. surprise, surprise, huh dad?)
blah, blah, blah.......

this list really could be a mile long.
all of which, needs to be crammed into the next 3 hours.

i was just asking doug today, when did i go from having things under control, feeling on top of the world with everyone in awe over how much i could accomplish and a white glove clean house....to being the one that has nothing under control, pulling my hair out, my house constantly in disarray and begging others for an ounce or two of their energy?

my reserves are depleted.
there simply aren't enough hours in a day to get it all done.

and here i sit, with time to do some of the things on my list, but overwhelmed.
where do i start?

maybe by the time ashlyn goes on christmas break from school i'll have time download, resize and upload her first day of school pictures. and her artwork that i've been meaning to scan and share for weeks now.

for now, i think i'll shower.
at least then i could have accomplished something today.
*sigh*

1 comment:

  1. I feel like that a lot of days. I had a list a mile long today, but instead... I took a nap when Jacob did. And you know what? It felt good... and now I feel better than I would have had I tackled that list. Sometimes ya just have to *not* get it all done (p.s. I used to be the one that kept an immaculate house, got everything done, etc. too - but now, I just focus on loving my kids - and if the laundry doesn't get folded? Oh well. It'll get done when the kids are grown). :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking time to connect with me in this space! i will do my best to leave comments answering any questions you may ask. if you are commenting on an older post and you dont see your comment publish right away it is because I have comments set to be approved before publishing on any blog posts older than 10 days old due to a recent influx of comment spammers. i will see your comment, approve it and reply to you....if it isnt spam. xoxo :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails