Sunday, June 15, 2008

i picked a good one.

Photobucket

i couldn't have asked for a better father for my girls, than this one right here. from the first day they were born, he jumped right in and never looked back. he's a hands-on, get 'er done type daddy that is 100% completely involved in every aspect of their lives and does so without a single complaint. no lie.

he's my comfort and often the one to bring back into balance when i feel like i'm spinning out of control as a mother. he has learned the give and take dance so very well. he's a big kid himself.....the fun parent, their wrestling competitor, the bath giver, the story teller, the tucker-in-er, the grillmaster, the boo-boo kisser, the only one that can get them to take medicine and so much more.

he's learned the balance between being the parent, yet them knowing that daddy is their safe place to fall. it takes a lot to push his buttons.........never quick to anger. he discplines with love and not wrath and always makes sure they know what they did wrong and why it wasn't acceptable in our home.

he's the go-with-the-flow, the glass is always full type personality and a true natural at this thing called parenting. he's earned their respect and they are well-behaved because of it. i am so very thankful that i have the pleasure of watching my girls totally adore one of the most influencial people in their lives---their daddy.

thank you grammy and papa at the beach for being such loving models for him to model his behavior after. happy father's day, my love!

2 comments:

  1. I would have to say I think you picked a good one too. I love my baby brother.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I don't deserve the praise that you give me.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking time to connect with me in this space! i will do my best to leave comments answering any questions you may ask. if you are commenting on an older post and you dont see your comment publish right away it is because I have comments set to be approved before publishing on any blog posts older than 10 days old due to a recent influx of comment spammers. i will see your comment, approve it and reply to you....if it isnt spam. xoxo :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails