Friday, July 11, 2008

there's only one problem with this room...

here, let me take you on a virtual tour first.

THIS is the playroom.
here's the view as you walk down the steps from the kitchen. looks inviting enough, i think.
Photobucket

the first corner you see. that big white cabinet is FULL of art/craft supplies----not mine. just for the kids...oh and a few barbie things.
Photobucket

a view of the overall room......lots of room to be creative and play and learn and explore...and it's even organized....bins labeled making clean up a little easier...
Photobucket

fun visual art on the walls...
some storebought
Photobucket

some mommy made art...
Photobucket

and some kid made art...
Photobucket

cute stuff hanging from the ceiling...
Photobucket

a computer station even.......and my studio RIGHT.BESIDE.THEM...
Photobucket

so, tell me.....
why is it that they have toys strewn all about the house, shoved under their beds, in their closets, in their dresser drawers, decorating my bedroom, abandoned on the bathroom floor, piled in corners in the livingroom, garage and kitchen????

the only one problem with this room???? THEY.NEVER.USE.IT.

help me think up something fun to do with this room because right now it's a bunch of wasted space. i've been threatening for a long time to take it over and use it as my studio. oh my, how i'd love all that space.

any ideas?

6 comments:

  1. I don't know girlie - seems like a really great playroom! Is it big enough? Do you play WITH them IN the room? Do you care if they have a playroom or not?

    I would take it over - if it's more conducive to scrapping, I say go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I'd loooooove to have that playroom. Wasted space? Never, just invite me over to play. Oh man, I would have a blast in that room.

    And, just why is it that kids do that? My kiddos have toy boxes, drawers, bins and bags --- yet it all ends up on the living room floor, on the kitchen table, on the computer desk, in the floor -- everywhere but the boxes, drawers, bins and bags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giant Yard sale. Put a locking door at the bottom of the steps and the kids can play in their room or outside. First time I've seen the floor though!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! What an awesome play room!! Do they even want it?? I don't allow much in the way of toys in the main living areas of the house - aside from a set of blocks I keep in the game closet, or board games -, so the kids have to play in their rooms, outside, or in the garage. Which, now that I'm organizing it, is becoming off limits. I always think they'd love to have a playroom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As homeschoolers, we have had school rooms off and on and I have found the same thing to be true: no one wants to use it for school! So we have a dining room in our house that I have completely taken over with scrapbooking stuff. No guilt because I have already learned that I'm the only one who appreciates having a room dedicated to my stuff. :) Sooooo...take it over!! I can't wait to hear what you decide!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say take it over!!! We have the exact same issue here - we have a finished basement with almost 700 square feet of playroom - it's gorgeous down there, but I don't think my kids have played in there for almost a year. Sigh.

    We've already told them that we're selling all of the stuff in a garage sale in the fall and they just shrug their shoulders. So, it's gone, believe me!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking time to connect with me in this space! i will do my best to leave comments answering any questions you may ask. if you are commenting on an older post and you dont see your comment publish right away it is because I have comments set to be approved before publishing on any blog posts older than 10 days old due to a recent influx of comment spammers. i will see your comment, approve it and reply to you....if it isnt spam. xoxo :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails