Sunday, November 30, 2008

and the WINNER is.....

Photobucket
stacey kingman!!!! please email me at taniamwillis at (yahoo.com) ASAP and i'll get you the information needed for the class! for those of you who didn't win, but are still interested, it isn't too late to sign up. click HERE to go directly to the page you need to be at for registration.

some of my own souvenirs of the season were collected last night. my family gathered together for a little trip a few towns over to sit in the bitter cold to watch the holiday parade that is always held the saturday after Thanksgiving. this particular parade draws a crowd of 40,000! it had a beautiful assortment of lighted floats, marching bands playing songs of the season and horse drawn carriages decked out in beautiful lights. we sipped hot cocoa as the children jumped with glee at each new float that passed by and we were surprised once again when the firetrucks brought up the rear and shot out "snow" from the firetrucks preparing the way for Santa's appearance! something i forgot about since we went last time----which was about 2 years ago. it's always a treat to hear the collective gasp of the kids as they stand in awe that Santa is right in front of them waving, as he passes by. it's an outing i hope we can make tradition instead of just hit or miss when we think of it.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

now, i'm back to snuggle on the couch with my loves and finish watching the movie "The Christmas Shoes". it has me totally drawn in, just from the first 20 minutes......i almost forgot to draw the winner.
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy!! Man am I on a lucky streak or what?? I won $200 at the mall on Friday. :) Maybe now is the time to start playing the lottery...just kidding. Thank you, Tania!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS Stacey! Awesome photos!! Snow from the fire truck would be cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats stacey!! Those are some cool photos! I'm glad they came out for you! Whenever i take pictures of anything at night...they aren't the best quality!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Stacey. You have had a winning weekend indeed. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They do parades around here like that..this will be our first year going and Erik will be in it! Great photos too-I hope mine turn out like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the parade looks beautiful. Old fashioned and full of tradition, I love it. I still have my first teddy bear-so old it is stuffed with straw!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christmas Shoes has to be the most beautiful Christmas movie around. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I watched Christmas Shoes last night and had tears streaming down my face for most of the movie! Daren just kind of looked at me like "It's just a movie"

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking time to connect with me in this space! i will do my best to leave comments answering any questions you may ask. if you are commenting on an older post and you dont see your comment publish right away it is because I have comments set to be approved before publishing on any blog posts older than 10 days old due to a recent influx of comment spammers. i will see your comment, approve it and reply to you....if it isnt spam. xoxo :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails