Thursday, August 20, 2009

yes, it's true. i have a boy crush.

confession time: well, kinda. because it isn't really a big secret to those who know me.

ready? i have a major love for david cook. the boy is just ball of hotness! mmmm. the Princess girl is crushing on him too. and i'm not entirely sure that i'm crushing on just his looks. this boy has something about him that just melts me. his music reaches right into my soul and grabs at my heart. he won me over during his first audition on American Idol and i just can't get over how inspired i am by him. it is something that isn't easily explained.

Photobucket

anywho. as a teenager i didn't have a hearthrob and i certainly wasn't one of the crazy loons (*wink*) that plastered her walls and bedroom door with posters of boys either. but.....as a 32 year old woman----i might do just that. is it bad that i wouldn't mind a life-sized poster of him on my bedroom door? did i just say that out loud? *gasp*

Photobucket

anywho. being the lucky girl that i am, my husband surprised me with tickets to David's 99th show on his Declaration Tour a few weeks ago for my birthday. he was part of the Concert Series at the Ohio State Fair. i don't get outwardly excited about much, but i couldn't wipe the smile off my face for this one.

Photobucket

up until the day of the show i wasn't quite sure who would be going with me, doug or ashlyn, since it was just a few days after emma's surgery. but thanks to suzi---we were able to sneak away for a few hours to enjoy the show. he was so down to earth and completely humble about his talent. but what surprised me the most is that he's funny as all get out. loved all the banter at the show.

Photobucket

my pictures aren't stellar because 1. i'm not a great photographer 2. the lighting was horrid and 3. i was using a zoom lens that is heavy, without a tripod, so there was major camera shake going on. so don't judge on the poor pictures.

Photobucket

and an added treat was the band Green River Ordinance that was his opening act.
Photobucket

if you think he's a bundle of hotness too, you won't be sorry when you click here to see some awesome pictures in this flickr set. i'm just a teensy bit jealous this girl has been to so many shows. *sigh* but dang. i'm super thankful she shares her awesometastic photos of the boy.

best birthday present EVER!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking time to connect with me in this space! i will do my best to leave comments answering any questions you may ask. if you are commenting on an older post and you dont see your comment publish right away it is because I have comments set to be approved before publishing on any blog posts older than 10 days old due to a recent influx of comment spammers. i will see your comment, approve it and reply to you....if it isnt spam. xoxo :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails