with Valentine's day around the corner i thought i'd share a fun way to turn a tootsie pop into a valentine.
- 2 large silk flowers
- 1 small journaling tag
- 2 jump rings
- 10" of 1/4" wide ribbon
- glue dots
- sharp pointed scissors
- tootsie pop
1. Using the sharp point of your scissors, enlarge the pre-placed hole in the center of the flowers. Hole needs to be just large enough for your sucker stick to slide through. (NOTE: I used Heidi Swapp flowers for this tutorial, but you could easily use flowers from the Dollar Store by removing the centers from them leaving you with just a flat silk flower.)
2. Place 2-3 glue dots around the twisted part of the wrapper.
3. Put sucker stick through the center of the RED flower and press, allowing it to cling with the glue dots. Add 3-4 additional glue dots on the bottom of the flower. Then, put sucker stick through the center of the pink flower. Shape flower as desired, adding additional glue dots if necessary.
4. Hook 2 jumprings together, then attach to your tag.
5. Place the sucker stick through the jumpring that is NOT attached to the tag.
6. Tie on your ribbon. This keeps the jumpring from sliding off.
here's another view:
you may recognize this from two years ago when i put together this tutorial for Scrapsupply. today, i'm bringing it out of archive and sharing it once again, in an attempt to get all of my tutorials in one place here on the blog instead of having to direct people to other websites to find them.