Monday, August 27, 2012

FISKARS: Woven Map Basket Tutorial

I've been waiting for a few months to finally share this project!  The only downside to freelance work is that I'm often creating something months in advance of when it will become 'public' and most times I'm so excited about how a project turns out that I just about burst from the anticipation that builds while waiting for the day it can be revealed.

This is one of those projects that's been on my list of things to make for a loooooooong time.  A very, very long time. I'm so glad I finally tackled it.......and stuck it out to the end. Not gonna lie...it almost ended up in file 13.

If you have a map or two hanging around just begging to be repurposed, and if you're up for a real challenge, then this is the project for you! The end result is SO worth the effort.
No maps sitting around? No worries. Recycled newspapers will work just as well, but are a bit more messy since the newsprint ink transfers to your fingers easily. Just be careful what you touch as not to leave fingerprints on everything.

Also, you should plan on working on this project in several small bursts of time, meaning this project WILL take you several days to complete. It looks easy, but it's definitely a bit on the challenging side.
Come on over to Fiskars.com to see how to make your own. My lastest tutorial incudes step by step pictures and detailed instructions: Woven Map Basket Tutorial by Tania Willis

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for taking time to connect with me in this space! i will do my best to leave comments answering any questions you may ask. if you are commenting on an older post and you dont see your comment publish right away it is because I have comments set to be approved before publishing on any blog posts older than 10 days old due to a recent influx of comment spammers. i will see your comment, approve it and reply to you....if it isnt spam. xoxo :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails