As everyone in American surely knows, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and this really amazing company I work for called Fun Stampers Journey is hosting their first ever card drive called, Be Brave: Create Hope as a way to reach out to individuals and families touched by breast cancer to offer words of support and encouragement. Like many of us, Richard Garay, the president and co-founder of Fun Stampers Journey, has been personally touched by breast cancer in that he lost someone very near and dear to him - his cousin, Sandra, in June 2014. After her passing, he created this beautiful stamp set in her honor and called it: Be Brave.
The company's goal is to receive 300 cards by the end of the card drive, and I've personally committed to making a handful of cards to contribute. I'll be sharing those cards with you throughout this week to hopefully inspire YOU to join ME in this journey of creating and encouraging those going through a difficult time whether it be a fresh diagnosis, grieving the loss of a loved one, or worried about their upcoming yearly exam to see if they can celebrate another year cancer-free.
Would you consider joining me!?
It is REALLY simple and you can use WHATEVER products you have and here is the BEST part:
Are you ready for this???? YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A PROFESSIONAL CARD-MAKER!! You don't even have to use Fun Stampers Journey Products! :)
Here's what you do:
So who's in!? All the nitty gritty details are at http://bit.ly/CreateHope
Here's my card for today....and a brief description of how to put it together if you have the same (or similar products).
1. Cut Whip Cream Cardstock to 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", fold in half to create 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" card base.
2. Cut Bubble Gum Cardstock to 5 1/4" x 4".
3. Lay Starburst Lines Stencil on Bubble Gum Cardstock and using your Spatula spread modeling paste that has been slightly tinted with Bubble Gum Reinker over the stencil, smoothing and removing excess. Lift stencil and wash/rinse in warm soapy water immediately. Set aside and allow modeling past to dry while moving on to next steps.
4. Die-cut 3 1/2" circle from River Stone Cardstock and stamp opposite sides with Honeycomb ATS and River Stone True Color Fusion Ink Pad.
5. Die Cut 2 7/8" circle from Whip Cream Cardstock and stamp Postage Stamps ATS using River Stone True Color Fusion Ink Pad.
6. Stamp Cancer Ribbon using Watermelon Fusion True Color Fusion Ink Pad onto Whip Cream Cardstock and detail cut just outside of image.
7. Cut Whip Cream Cardstock to 1 1/2" x 3" and stamp "Strength Hope" sentiment using River Stone True Color Fusion Ink Pad. Trim down and notch the right side into a banner.
8. Layer the two circles, ribbon and sentiment banner using foam squares between the layers to add dimension.
9. Adhere the Bubble Gum modeling paste panel to the card base.
10. Adhere the embellished circles to the Bubble Gum panel.
11. Finish the card by adding three Sparkle Drops to create a visual triangle.
I'll see you back here TOMORROW with another card!
**All FSJ products must be purchased through a Journey Coach. I am not a Journey Coach at FSJ, but you can shop as well as find a coach on the FSJ website!**