It's Day 2 of my Card Sharing for the Be Brave: Create Hope Card Drive. If you missed my post from yesterday and have no idea what I'm referring to, take a minute to click over to that post and check out the details....HERE.
So, today's card is one of my most favorites, I think because the colors are so in your face and bold! I loooooove anything black & white...totally a sucker for black & white. And if you know me, you know how much I adore butterflies. They hold a special meaning for me and my family.
This card, again, uses a sentiment from that same stamp set I featured yesterday, called Be Brave (SS-0148), however, the butterfly is actually cut from the brand new Steel Rule Dies on the Journey Platinum Machine. This particular shape is from the Everyday Elements Steel Rule Die Set (SR-0004), which also has some other really fun and trendy elements on the same die. It's one of my favorites.
To Assemble the Card:
1. Cut Sweet Berry Cardstock to 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and fold in half to create 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card base.
2. Cut Whip Cream Cardstock panel to 4" x 5 1/4" and stamp multiple times with the Ink Splat ATS inked up with the Black Licorice True Color Fusion Ink Pad.
3. Adhere stamped panel to card base.
4. Cut Black Licorice Cardstock to 4" x 3" and adhere to stamped panel approximately 1 1/4" up from bottom.
5. Cut Whip Cream Cardstock to 3 3/4" x 1 7/8" and make a banner notch at right end.
6. Flick Bubble Gum Silk onto banner-notched Whip Cream Cardstock and allow to dry.
7. Apply a strip of Watermelon Fusion Polka Dot Tape from the Bright Day Journey Tape pack along the bottom edge of the banner-notched Whip Cream Cardstock.
8. Stamp "Be Brave" sentiment just above the Journey Tape using Watermelon Fusion True Color Fusion Ink.
9. Adhere banner strip flush with edge of Black Licorice Cardstock approximately 1/4" from bottom.
10. Die-cut butterfly from Whip Cream Cardstock using Everyday Elements Steel Rule Die.
11. Adhere the body of the butterfly to the left of the sentiment allowing the wings to remain free and add two pearls to the body for embellishment.
12. Embellish card base with Journey Sequins Special Celebration, a Sparkle Drop using Journey Glaze.
Thanks for stopping by! I'll see you back here again, tomorrow, with another card that I'll be sending in for the Be Brave: Create Hope Card Drive! If you'll be joining me, let me know in the comments!
**If you are interested in purchasing any of these products, just a sidenote: All FSJ products must be purchased through a Journey Coach. I am not a Journey Coach at FSJ, but you can shop as well as find a coach on the FSJ website!**