It's Day 3 of my Card Sharing for the Be Brave: Create Hope Card Drive. If you missed my post from Monday and have no idea what this is all about, take a minute to click over and check out the details....HERE.
You can see the card and tutorial from Day 2 right HERE.
Today's card is a super fun one full of layers and lots of SPARKLE! Although the beauty of the sparkle is sometimes hard to convey in a still-life photo, so you'll have to just trust me on this one. Remember if you don't have these EXACT products, you can certainly adapt the stamping technique to any of the stamp sets that you do have on hand and come up with something just as lovely.
Here are today's instructions:
1. Cut one Whip Cream Cardstock to 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and fold in half to create 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card base.
2. Stamp one large Dahlia Burst flower and one small Dahlia Burst flower onto Whip Cream cardstock using Black Licorice True Color Fusion Ink.
3. Stamp Ink Splat stamp over Dahlia Burst flowers to add a splash of color using Watermelon Fusion True Color Fusion Ink.
4. Stamp one large and one small leaf onto Whip Cream Cardstock using Black Licorice True Color Fusion Ink.
5. Die-cut stamped images using Dahlia Burst Die Set and Journey Grand or Journey Platinum Machine. (If you don't have a machine just detail cut just outside the stamped image)
6. Layer the small flower over the center of the large flower using a foam square and adhere the leaves to the back, right-hand side using Journey Craft Glue.
7. Apply Journey Glaze to portions of the petals and leaves and sprinkle lightly; first with Sparkle Cuts and then with Sparkle Dust. Set aside to dry while you finish the remaining steps.
8. Stamp card base with Postage Stamps in both the lower right corner and upper left corner using River Stone True Color Fusion Ink.
9. Stamp 'Hope' sentiment multiple times in the remaining white space using the same ink.
10. Apply a strip of Watermelon Fusion Polka-dotted Tape from the Bright Day Journey Tape to the
lower left and upper right sides of the card.
11. Die-cut a doily from Black Licorice Cardstock using the Doily Die Set and adhere to the center of the card base.
12. Once flower embellishment is dry, adhere to center of doily using Journey Craft Glue.
13. Finally, add three Sparkle Drops using Journey Glaze, as a final embellishment, so they form a visual triangle.
Have you made any cards for the Be Brave: Create Hope Card Drive? If so, link me up in the comments, I'd love to see your beautiful work!
Remember I will be back again tomorrow with a another tutorial. There is still time to participate. Saturday October 31st is the last day to get them in the mail to the Journey Station. :)
Supplies for today's Card:
Journey Platinum Die-cutting Machine TO-0090
Journey Grand Die-cutting Machine JG-0001
Dahlia Burst Stamp Set SS-0203
Ink Splat ATS AT- 0108
Postage Stamps ATS AT-0056
Pink Ribbon ATS AT-0016
Dahlia Burst Stamp Set DI-0127
Doily Die Set DI-0105
River Stone True Color Fusion Ink Pad IP-0053
Watermelon Fusion True Color Fusion Ink Pad IP-0027
Black Licorice True Color Fusion Ink Pad CS-0041
Journey Glaze AD-0002
Journey Sparkle Cuts AC-0151
Journey Sparkle Dust AC-0013
Bright Day Journey Tape AC-0164
Whip Cream Cardstock CS-0040
Black Licorice Cardstock CS-0003
**If you are interested in purchasing any of these products, just a sidenote: All FSJ products must be purchased through a Journey Coach. I am not a Journey Coach at FSJ, but you can shop as well as find a coach on the FSJ website!**