It's Day 4 of my Card Sharing for the Be Brave: Create Hope Card Drive. If you missed my post from Monday and have no idea what this is all about, take a minute to click over and check out the details....HERE.
Day 2 is HERE
Day 3 is HERE
Today's card is super simple and really focuses on the graphic POP of the bright white modeling paste on the bold Black Licorice Cardstock using the Vintage Screen stencil.....I LOVE the look! Because the design is so eye-catching and totally steals the show it doesn't require you to layer gobs of other stamped elements and embellishments on top, so you'll notice that I kept those to a minimum, making the assembly of this card super easy peasy!
Here we go.......
1. Cut one Whip Cream Cardstock to 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and fold in half to create 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card base.
2. Cut one Black Licorice Cardstock panel to 4" x 5 1/4". Lay Vintage Screen stencil over panel and spread a thin layer of Journey Modeling Paste over stencil using Spatula. Remove stencil and wash immediately with warm soapy water. Set panel aside to dry.
3. Stamp ribbon from Be Brave Stamp Set onto Whip Cream Cardstock using Watermelon Fusion True Color Fusion Ink and detail cut just outside stamped image.
4. Cut Whip Cream Cardstock to 1" x 2 1/2" and stamp 'Hope' sentiment using River Stone True Color Fusion Ink. Notch right-hand side of strip into a banner.
5. When Black Licorice panel is dry, adhere to card base.
6. Tear off a 3" long strip of Watermelon Fusion polka-dotted tape from the Bright Day Journey Tape and apply to Black Licorice panel, approximately 2" from bottom.
7. Adhere sentiment banner just above tape.
8. Adhere stamped ribbon using foam squares to left of tape and sentiment.
9. Finish card with three Sparkle Drop embellishments placing them on the card base so that they form a visual triangle.
That's it! Easy, peasy, lemon squeezy!
If you're contributing to the card drive, remember you have until Saturday to get them in the mail! I'll be back tomorrow with one more quick and easy tutorial if you're needing some inspiration. :)
Be Brave Stamp Set SS-0147
Pink Ribbon ATS AT-0016
River Stone True Color Fusion Ink Pad IP-0053
Watermelon Fusion True Color Fusion Ink Pad IP-0027
Journey Modeling Paste JM-0073
Vintage Screen Stencil JM-0002
Journey Glaze AD-0002
Bright Day Journey Tape AC-0164
Sparkle Drops AC-0022
Whip Cream Cardstock CS-0040
Black Licorice Cardstock CS-0003
**All FSJ products must be purchased through a Journey Coach. I am not a Journey Coach at FSJ, but you can shop as well as find a coach on the FSJ website!**